Clubs and Activities
Since January 2023, the school have enhanced their after school provision due to funding via the Opening School Facilities project. This has allowed more pupils to become involved in school sport after the school day.
From January 2023 activities included:
- Mondays: ‘Move it’ club aimed at developing gross motor skills in our youngest pupils.
- Tuesdays: ‘Target Tuesday’ club – targeted activities on specific groups – the focus for the first term was girls football coaching.
- Wednesdays: ‘All Welcome Wednesday’: multi sports club for pupils in KS2, introducing pupils to new sports
- Thursdays: Activity Arc+ A multi themed Youth club
- Thursdays: ‘Hit it’ Club – a club designed to develop the hand eye coordination of pupils across school focusing on sports such as cricket, baseball and golf
- Fridays: Pass it Club football coaching and competative matches
- Fridays: Gymnastics
From June 2023, the following clubs and activities will run in school.
- June/July (Friday) – ‘Hit It’ club focusing on cricket. A club for pupils in years 3, 4, 5 and 6 focusing on develop the skills to play cricket.
- June, July, January, february, March (Monday) – Gymnastics club. A club for various classes across school to develop gymnastic skills on the floor and on aparatus.
- September, October, January, February, March (Monday) – ‘Move It’ club. A club for nursery, recpetion and year 1 pupils to develop the balance skills to ride a bicycle successfully.
- October, November, December, January, February (Thursday) Clubasize. A brand new club in school using dance and fitness moves to bring physical activity alive.
- September, October, November, December, January, February, March (Tuesday) ‘Target Tuesday’: A club descigned for specific groups within school to receive coaching in various sports.
- September, October, November, December, January, February, March (Wednesday) ‘All Welcome Wednesday’: A club for pupils in year 1-6 to learn to sports and develop a passion for a new activity.
- September, October, November, December, January, February, March (Friday) – Pass it Club (football). A football club in school to develop team skills and techiques in the sport.